BP-WP Profile Reviews Plugin
BP-WP Profile Reviews was created to fill the need for reviews, ratings, and testimonials on Buddypress on member profiles.
This plugin is an adaptation of the amazing plugin BP Group Reviews. This plugin has two functions that can be used together or separately:
Buddypress Member Profile Reviews – This option enables a Reviews tab and button for Buddypress Member Profiles. Members can leave text and star reviews or testimonials on other members. The average star rating, number of reviews, and time is displayed. Reviews can only be deleted by the author or an administrator. The amount and average star ratings are displayed on the Member Directory. Reviews are fed into the activity stream. You can also reply and comment on reviews. Activity Streams need to be enabled for this plugin to work properly.
WordPress/Buddypress Post and Page Reviews – Post and Page comments are globally transformed into reviews with star ratings. Only a name, comment text box, and star rating show (no other fields like website, email, etc…). If enabled, existing comments will show zero stars. This option can be used whether you have Buddypress installed or not. The average star rating is shown at the top of the comments. This works for Buddpress and WordPress posts and pages alike. You can enable or disable ratings at the bottom of the draft. Reviews are fed into the activity stream. Reviews can be deleted in the Comments section of the admin panel. Star rating is displayed in the admin Comments section.
Buddypress Profile Reviews -
- Profile Reviews – http://demo.spoonjab.com/members/spoonjab/reviews/
- Member Directory – http://demo.spoonjab.com/members
- Activity Feed – http://demo.spoonjab.com/activity
WordPress/Buddypress Post and Page Comment Reviews -
Download BP-WP Profile Reviews
I paid hundreds of dollars out of my own pocket to developers for this plugin’s creation and upgrades. I’ve decided to make the plugin available at a cost at this point. Click button below to download the plugin.
$40 USD – Download
You can post issues, questions, feature requests, and fixes to the community at support.spoonjab.com under the appropriate topics. As with any WordPress plugin, if you modify this plugin, you will loose custom changes if you upgrade to future versions. If you would like my help directly, you should email email@example.com. This plugin is tested on WordPress 3.9.1 and BuddyPress 2.0.1 default theme with minimal other plugins (see demo.spoonjab.com)
At this point, BP-WP Profile Reviews is available for a fee. You are not authorized to modify to publish, distribute, sublicense, modify with the intent to distribute, and/or sell. You are free to modify the plugin code for better integration with your theme or website. I’m taking the Louis CK approach: “I’m just some guy. I paid for the production and posting of this…with my own money. All I can do is politely ask you to pay…and let other people find it in the same way.”
If you’re interested in future development or contribution, drop me a line.
BP-WP Profile Reviews has been tested for integration and functionality on the default WordPress installation and Buddypress theme. I do not guarantee functionality with all other plugins you may have installed or your custom themes. Most issues are caused by custom themes and can be easily fixed with CSS tweaks. This plugin is not compatible with WPMU. If you need a version that is, email me to get a working beta copy. If you email me, I can try to help you fix your issues. There are no refunds.
Updates and Upgrades
Anyone who downloads this plugin will receive all future updates. To request features added to the plugin, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any custom changes you make to this plugin’s source files will be lost in future upgrades.
6/27/14: Version 1.5
- Added option to allow for public reviews from non-members.
- Captcha, email confirmation, admin notices, and non-confirmed count added for public reviews from non-members
2/14/14: Version 1.4.1
- Code update to remove errors reporting in the wordpress error_log file (duplicate database columns)
1/14/14: Version 1.4
- Upgraded code to work with latest Buddypress v1.8+ function implementations (better universal theme support)
- Minor tweaks to CSS for theme integration
3/3/13: Version 1.3.1
- Downgraded php to work with PHP 3+
1/19/13: Version 1.3
- Clean up of code and fix some bugs for better universal theme integration
- Added shortcodes to display most or highest reviews
- Review moderation through community reporting
- Allow users to leave anonymous reviews
- Changed URL structure from “?review=true” to “/reviews”
- Prevent page refreshes from exceeding max review count
1/10/13: Version 1.2
- Improved CSS – releasing 1.3 soon for more fixes
5/29/12: Version 1.1
- Option added to block members from reviewing themselves on Buddypress
- Option added to allow multiple reviews on Buddypress. You can set the maximum number of multiple reviews from the same user (up to unlimited).
3/6/12: Version 1.0
- Plugin created
- Functionality to leave reviews and star ratings on Buddypress member profiles
- Functionality to convert WordPress post/page comment system into reviews with accompanying star rating
$40 USD – Download